In accordance with section 80.48 of the Integrated Accessibility Standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the following facilities and services for users with disabilities have been disrupted:
- Use of individual study rooms (Waterloo campus).
- Description: Individual study rooms are not available for reservation
- Reason: All library buildings have been temporary closed during the COVID-19 crisis
- Duration: Until library buildings reopen for students.
- Alternative facilities: None provided by the library
- Use of telephones to contact library.
- Description: It is not possible to contact individual help through the telephone systems
- Reason: The university is unable to redirect librarians and library staff phone numbers and extensions to home phones
- Duration: Until library buildings reopen for staff
- Alternative: Users can contact the library through
- Accessible Content E-Portal (ACE) print digitization service is currently available but with limits.
- Description: Digitization of physical books is available through ACE, but is restricted to Laurier books that are available at specific University of Toronto Libraries (to use as copies to digitize). The ACE service may be slower than usual due to COVID-related staffing restrictions.
- Reason: Availability of print books, shipping, and staffing restrictions related to COVID.
- Duration: Until further notice.
- Alternative: Access to already digitized items is available through ACE. Library staff have access to other possible alternative ways to obtain books requested through ACE, including the HathiTrust Accessible Text Service.
A document setting out the steps taken in connection with a temporary disruption shall be provided upon request.