Library services during COVID-19
- updates and latest information
Familiarize yourself with your topic
- Acquire background information from one of Laurier’s online reference sources.
A keyword search in Omni is the broadest type of search when looking for books. Type in the keywords that describes your topic or try using some of the following keywords below if you need inspiration. The search results will display both print and electronic books, and initially, and many articles.
- click "Available Electronically"
- click “refine your results” to narrow results to "Books and eBooks"
- TIP: Look for citation style info along the way
- Some ideas for terminology to consider:
- cultur* (cultural, culture)
- ethic* (ethical, ethics, ethic)
- influenc* (-e, -es, -ial, -ed)
- moral* (morals, morality
- social* (social, society)
- view, or viewpoint
- While all our ebooks are catalogued in Omni, you can search across the full text of ebooks searching the collections. Start with Proquest Ebook Central
- A good place to start is Omni. Choose the “articles” tab
Other Research Materials
Click on the "Research Materials" tab at the top of this page to look beyond books and articles. In particular, look at: