Your OneCard is your Library Card for borrowing materials such as books, education kits, curriculum materials, videos, etc. For print books, the new loan period is 120 days or one whole semester. Usertags have been inactivated in the early rollout of Omni, so to search for a kit with magnets in it you will need to do an advanced search, where the title contains magnetic and the resource type is a kit.
This page guides you through our Education Collection, which includes full-text electronic and print journals, e-books, research databases, reference materials, multimedia, and curriculum materials to support your academic studies and classroom teaching.
Specially for Teachers
- H&PE Elementary Resources Lesson plans and supplemental resources concerning Ontario 2010 curriculum expectations. Also called Ophea Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources: Grades 1-8.
- H&PE Secondary Resources support teachers in helping students acquire the physical and health literacy skills needed to thrive in the 21st century and lead a healthy, active life. Also called Ophea Health and Physical Education Curriculum Resources: Grades 9-12.
Ontario Physical Education Safety Guidelines Standards documents for managing risk in physical activities in Ontario school boards. Also called Ophea Safety Guidelines.
- Teacher Reference Center provides coverage on key education topics such as assessment, continuing education, current pedagogical research, curriculum development, instructional media, language arts, literacy standards, and science and mathematics for K-12 teachers and librarians.
- ASK US (contact us by phone, email, or chat) library.wlu.ca/help/askus 519-884-0710 x3222
- Education Librarian: Anne Kelly x3303 firstname.lastname@example.org Office: L3-320
Individual or group appointments are very welcome
Our collection has five components, and all are located on the fourth floor of the Library to the right as you come off the elevator.
- Professional or Curriculum collection (the how do I teach it?) call labels EDUPROF,
- a children’s book collection labelled EDUCHILD (Blue stickers = indigenous; Yellow = french)
- manipulatives and kit collection (games, models, flash cards, etc) labelled EDUKIT– large OR small
- oversize materials have labels marked EDUOVER and
- posters or pictures have labels that begin with EDUPIC
- Education DVD’s are shelved with our regular DVD collection
**Don’t forget you MUST check out EDUKITS & EDUPICS with a staff member in order to get your custom due date!
Check out Royalty Free Resources for Teachers