Canadian newspaper articles:
- Association of Ontario Health Centres Membership List (pdf)
- Grand River Community Health Centre
- St Leonard's Community Services
- Habitat for Humanity Brant-Norfolk
- Canadian Best Practices Portal
Laurier Articles via Google Scholar
- Go to settings and click on “Library” on the left side of the page
- Type in Laurier and search; make sure the link to it is checked; save these settings
- Relevance What evidence does this source add to your research topic?
- Authority Who wrote it and how do we know we can trust them?
- Accuracy Is there evidence of bias? Do other documents support this source?
- Currency When was it written?
- Purpose Why was it written? Who was the intended audience?
- Use a multi-pronged approach; search by using our Omni catalogue, the databases, Google Scholar, the bibliographies of articles you have found
- Think of different terms for the same word (e.g. post-secondary OR university)
- Use quotation marks when searching for two words that go together as a phrase (e.g. “mental health”)
- Use an asterisk and the root of a word to get all forms of it (e.g. rac* will find the words race and racial)
- For scholarly articles, look for the “peer-reviewed journals” option in the Omni catalogue and in the databases
- If you search in our Omni articles, use the links (especially the “subject links” and “more options”) to narrow down your search
- See Pauline Dewan (email@example.com or call 519 756-8228 ext. 5529)
- You are welcome to drop in
- To make sure I am there, it is best to make an appointment
- My office is beside the digital library/study space in the basement of Grand River Hall (108B)
Please note: The Library is committed to providing programs, events and services that are accessible to all. Please contact us if you require accommodation due to a disability.