About this Guide
This guide was created for EN190G students. It provides information about doing research for the Essay Proposal and Annotated Bibliography Assignment.
Please contact the English & Film Studies Librarian, Meredith, for research support:
- Email: email@example.com
- Online via Zoom: connect by email to arrange for this option.
Searching for Sources
Search Omni for books with an Advanced Search.
- Finding eBooks (slides)
Search Omni for articles with an Advanced Search. Remember to click peer-reviewed under "Modify your search" shown with the search results to narrow results.
- Finding Articles on a Topic (video: 5:58)
Not sure if your source is scholarly? Check out How Can I Tell if My Source is Scholarly? (video: 4:21)
Annotated Bibliographies, Theses, and Research Questions
- Creating an Annotated Bibliography (video: 3:32)
- Developing a Research Question (video: 6:25)
- Improving Your Thesis Statement (video: 4:54)
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide (Purdue)