Steps for finding sources
1) Work from an assigned reading or other key source:
- Check for a list of keywords in the item
- Check references attached to the item
- Search Communication Studies @ EBSCOhost
- Check for subject terms attached to results
- Search for author(s) of item
- Search for the item in Google Scholar and check for "cited by" links
- Connecting to Library resources using Google Scholar (video: 2:02)
2) Find books
- Start with the Omni
3) Find articles
- Communication Studies @ EBSCOhost
- Articles for Communication Studies and related disciplines. Limit to scholarly (peer reviewed) journals.
- CBCA (Canadian Business and Current Affairs)
- Start here for Canadian topics. Limit to peer reviewed.
- America: History and Life
- Articles, books and book chapters on Canadian and American history.
3) APA Style
- Consult The Little Penguin Handbook
- APA style: citation examples
Having problems? Don't hesitate to contact me: email, call (519-884-0710 x3912), drop in, or make an appointment. My office, L3-310, is one floor up from the main floor of the Library on the Waterloo campus. Come up the stairs, then walk straight ahead.