- Search tool for tens of thousands of open access academic peer-reviewed books.
- Authorized users:
- Mobile support:
- Resource type:
- 1960s to present
From the site itself:
The primary aim of DOAB is to increase discoverability of Open Access books. Academic publishers are invited to provide metadata of their Open Access books to DOAB. Metadata will be harvestable in order to maximize dissemination, visibility and impact. Aggregators can integrate the records in their commercial services and libraries can integrate the directory into their online catalogues, helping scholars and students to discover the books. The directory is open to all publishers who publish academic, peer reviewed books in Open Access and should contain as many books as possible, provided that these publications are in Open Access and meet academic standards.
The current requirements to take part in DOAB are twofold:
- Academic books in DOAB shall be available under an Open Access license (such as a Creative Commons license)
- Academic books in DOAB shall be subjected to independent and external peer review prior to publication
There's a basic keyword search on the front page, as well as a link to the advanced search. The advanced search allows for searching in two fields connected with a Boolean operator, with a date range limiter. Searchable fields include title, ISSN/ISBN, author, keywords, abstract, and publisher. Content can also be browsed by title, subject, or publisher.
Access to this resource and to the books it links to is free to everyone.
- Subjects covered:
- Business Technology Management
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Data and Statistics
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- Health Sciences
- Health Studies
- Languages and Literatures
- Law and Society
- Legal Information
- Political Science
- Alternate titles:
- Directory of Open Access Books