- How to add reserve items
- How to view items and item usage
- How to integrate with MyLearningSpace
How to add reserve items in Ares
1. Log into Ares using your Laurier Network Login credentials
2. Find the Class and Add Items: Your classes for the current term are listed in the middle of the screen. You can also find past classes by clicking on Previous Classes in the left menu, and classes scheduled for future terms (if you have submitted reserve requests for them already) by clicking on Upcoming Classes in the left menu.
To add items to a class, click on the class title to see details for that class. Then, click on Add Reserve Items.
Choose the format of the item you want to put on reserve: book, article, web site, audio, file, etc.
Fill out the form with information about the item you want to put on reserve, and submit. Repeat as needed. Your items will be processed and added to your class.
3. Reuse reserves from past classes. If you have several readings from a previous class you want to reuse in a new one, save time by cloning the previous class. To do this, click on the title of your previous class. In the left menu, click on Clone Class.
Fill out the form with information about your new class, and select the reserve items you want. Your new class will be created with the readings you selected.
4. No existing classes? If you have no current, previous or upcoming classes you can create a class. In the left menu, click on Add Reserve Items to a New Course.
Click on the type of item you want to put on reserve: book, article, etc.
Fill out the form with information about the item and submit. Repeat as needed.Your new class will be created and your item(s) processed for that class.
How to view reserve items and item usage
1. Click on the title of a class. In the left menu, click on Reserve Item Usage.
2. To view items the way students will see them, use Student Mode. In the left menu, click on Switch to Student Mode, then Main Menu, and click on the desired class.
How to integrate with MyLearningSpace
Ares automatically integrates with MyLearning Space. Simply log into MyLearningSpace using your Network Login and Password.
Please contact Library Course Reserves. If you are unable to access Ares, let them know your Laurier Network Login username. If you don't have a Laurier Network Login account, you will need to contact ITS to get one.